Charge up the Case Air prior to using. You’ll want to check the battery levels on your camera and the device you are connecting to. Same as with tethering with a cable – make sure that all three components are fully charged before beginning – the Case Air, your camera and the device you are connecting to (phone, tablet or computer).
Download the Case Remote App/Software:
How to Get Started
- Keep the camera turned off and connect the Case Air to the camera with the supplied USB cable into the USB data port.
- Turn on the Case Air – press and hold the button on the top of the Case Air. The blue light will flicker, then turn to a solid blue light. Once solid, the WiFi network has been created.
- On the device (phone or tablet or computer), connect to the Case Remote WiFi, enter the password located on the bottom of the Case Air itself.
- Open the app or software, you’ll see a message there’s no camera – Now turn on the camera and allow the camera to communicate to the app via the WiFi network, refresh if needed.
The RAW files will save to the card in the camera.
The JPG thumbnail will transfer to the device for review.
- Auto Thumbnails
- RAW Download Ignore
- Auto Download
- The Case Air is fully charged, you will get a green light.
- Have fully charged batteries in the camera.
- Charge up the device you are connecting to – iOS or Android.
- Disable Personal Hotspot and Bluetooth – you may need to put the device into Airplane Mode.
- Remove WiFi cards from the camera and disable any WiFi communication on the camera.
- If the camera takes two cards, please use just one.
- The correct cable is connecting from the Case Air into the USB port on the camera.
- Close all other apps on device, run Case Remote only.
- Give/Allow access or permissions to Case Remote
- If connecting to Android or Windows device, disable anti-virus apps or software.
- Disable Google Drive sync or Dropbox
- Update the firware – check Update (in Settings).
- Be sure your camera has been updated with its latest firmware updates.
- Empty the cache regularly (in Settings).
- Camera Connector Cable (USB 2.0 Mini-B 5-Pin)
- Camera Connector Cable (USB 2.0 Mini-B 8-Pin)
- Camera Connector Cable (USB 3.0 Micro-B)
- USB Connector Cable (OTG)
- Device Charging Cable
- Lanyard with Threading Tool. Watch our video on how to Connect the lanyard to the Case Air.
If you get a notification of a firmware update, please update, make sure the Case Air is fully charged before updating the firmware – DO NOT turn off the Case Air or the device you are connected to during the firmware update, this will cause a malfunction.
Download Product Manuals
Connecting Case Air
Watch Instructional Videos*Demonstrated on Apple iOS
- Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad)
How do I determine the firmware version of the Case Air application (Case Remote) I have installed?
- Check that the app has permissions to access the iOS photos. Go to Settings -> Case Remote and check to see if it has photos permissions turned on.
- Create an album in the Photos app by going to Photos -> Albums -> Tap the + sign in the upper left. Name the album CASE Album
Why is the image in Case Remote appearing in the incorrect orientation? I’m shooting in Portrait Mode, but my images are appearing in Landscape Mode.
Plug the small end of the cable that came with your camera into your camera and the other square end into the female side of the OTG adapter. Plug the other end of the OTG adapter into the Case Air.
USB Connector Cable
To set this up is a two step process. First you need to configure where the Case Remote software saves the images (Instructions: Mac or Windows).
The second step is to configure Adobe Lightroom or Capture One to monitor this folder (Instructions: Adobe Lightroom or Capture One).
- iOS: If you shoot in a mode that includes a RAW file, the Case Air will send the JPG and the RAW thumbnail (not the full RAW file). There will be a thumbnail icon of the RAW file to let you know the RAW files was captured.
- Android: If you shoot in a mode that includes a RAW file, the RAW file will be sent to your Android device. Since the RAW files need a special software to open, it will not show in the Android photo gallery. You will need to find a folder named “CASE Remote” in your storage, all the files you download are in this folder. If you can’t find the folder, you can search “CASE Remote” in your local storage.
- Mac & Windows: If you shoot in a mode that includes a RAW file, the RAW file will be sent to your computer. This will be a configurable option shortly.
Please note that many cameras will not do exposure previews in movie shooting mode. This is a limitation of the camera, not the Case Air. This includes but is not limited to the Nikon D800 and D810.
- The Case Air is fully charged (green light) and you have fully charged batteries in the camera well.
- Disable WiFi communication on the camera itself and/or have removed any WiFi cards in the camera.
To start up please try the following:
Shut everything down. Turn off your camera and the Case Air. Completely close the app or the software, do not simply not minimize it.
- Keep the camera turned off
- Create the WiFi network by turning on the Case Air (press & hold 2 seconds, blue flickering light indicates CA is creating WiFi, solid blue light WiFi network is created)
- Connect your device to the Case Air WiFi
- Open the app or software
- Turn on the camera so the app/software will then recognize the camera.
If you get a notification of a firmware update, please update, make sure the Case Air is fully charged before updating the firmware.
When recording video with the Case Air, is the audio that the camera records audible on the device or computer?
Playback is only possible when you download the video from the Case Air Album – or when connected to a Mac laptop, Photos. Then the downloaded video plays on the laptop, with the audio recorded by the camera. It’s not possible to playback the video while in the Case Remote software.
Going through a router is also not an option since the device has to connect to the Case Air even if the Case Air is connected to a router.
Submit an FAQ QuestionQuestions submitted here will be added to our FAQ. If you need a direct answer back, please provide your email address in the question and we will reply to you directly.
Additional details or to purchase a Case Air Wireless Tethering System