Troubleshooting Connection Issues with Case Air
In our testing with Case Air, the product has worked seamlessly with little or no trouble. That being said, like any piece of tech there are times where you may run into an issue, including getting the Case Air to connect to your camera. Here is a list of steps to take to help resolve the issue.
Determine the type of connection issue
There are two different connections and each have a different fix. The first is connecting your device (tablet, smartphone, or computer) to the WiFi network created by the Case Air unit. If you are receiving an error that reads similar to “Connection Error – The connection between Case Air and the software has failed. Please check your network settings,” then the issue is connecting to WiFi.
However, if the error reads “There is no camera detected to the Case Air,” then your issue is with your camera connection.
- Troubleshooting WiFi Connection Issues
Error: “Connection Error – The connection between Case Air and the software has failed. Please check your network settings.”
- Make sure the blue light on the Case Air is on and is solid blue (not flashing).
- Open your device’s WiFi settings and connect to the SSID that matches the SSID on the bottom of your Case Air. Make sure the connection is made successfully. Your device should say connected.
- Open the Case Remote application. If the error persists, make sure to completely close the application on your device and re-open. In iOS this will mean double-tapping the home button and then swiping up. On Android, tap the recently used apps button and swipe the Case Remote app to the right.
- On Android, most notably Samsung devices, it may be the device is trying to find the best WiFi network available and if your Case Air is not setup to connect to your router, it won’t have Internet access. It will therefore try other WiFi networks or the cell network to get a connection with Internet. This can be changed through a setting, typically called “Auto network switch” or “Smart Network Switch”, that needs to be turned off. It can be accessed under WiFi settings and then selecting the Advanced option after pressing the menu button. In Advanced there is an option labeled Auto network switch or Smart Network Switch. Make sure its unchecked. See how here. (The interface/images may vary depending on your version of Android and your wireless carrier)
- Troubleshooting Camera Connection Issues
Error: “There is no camera detected to the Case Air.”
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Case Remote Application. Version 2.5 fixed issues related to re-connecting to cameras after turning off and on the Case Air. Go to your respective app store and check for updates.
- Double check the cables are connected properly to the Case Air and the Camera.
- Make sure the Camera is on.
- Close the application on your device and re-open. In iOS this will mean double-tapping the home button and then swiping up. On Android, tap the recently used apps button and swipe the Case Remote app to the right.