Before we get begin, I highly suggest going to our Case Air FAQs where you can find app and software downloads, how-to videos and more.
For in-depth out of the box instructions, check out this Tech Tip.
Let’s get started!
You’ll want to charge up the internal battery inside the Case Air prior to using. Same as tethering with a cable – power levels are very important. Start with 100% battery power levels in all three components; Case Air, your camera, and the device you are connecting to – phone, tablet or computer.
Press and hold the button on the top face. There are two indicator lights.
1.) The blue WiFi indicator light will begin to flash. It is creating the WiFi network when flashing, and the WiFi network is ready to connect when the blue light is solid.
2.) The power level indicator light will begin to flash. It is creating the WiFi network when flashing, and the WiFi network is ready to connect when the blue light is solid.
1.) Connect the Case Air to the camera with the supplied USB cable into the camera’s USB data port. Keep the Camera turned Off.
2.) Turn on the Case Air – press and hold the button on the top of the Case Air. The blue light will flicker, then turn to a solid blue light. Once solid, the WiFi network is ready to connect to your device.
3.) Access the WiFi on your device (phone / tablet / computer), connect to the Case Remote WiFi, enter the password located on the bottom of the Case Air itself. Password is case sensitive.
4.) Open the app or software on your device, you’ll see a message there’s no camera – Now turn on the camera and allow the camera to communicate to the app via the WiFi network, refresh if needed.
We recommend shooting in RAW + JPG small. In the App Settings, turn ON: Auto Thumbnails and RAW Download Ignore. This way, both the RAW and JPG files will save to the card in the camera, but just the JPG thumbnail will transfer to your device for reviewing.
Things to Remember:
- Update the firmware – Check Update (in Settings)
- Close all other apps, run Case Remote only
- Empty the Cache regularly (in Settings)
- Fully charge camera battery
- Remove WiFi cards and disable any WiFi communications
- Insert one memory card in the camera.
- Ensure cable connection from the Case Air to the camera USB port.
- Check camera for the latest firmware updates.
- Fully charge the device – iOS or Android
- Disable Bluetooth and Personal Hotspot
- Airplane Mode may be necessary
- Give/Allow access or permissions to Case Remote
- Disable Anti-Virus apps or software – Android or Windows
- Disable Google Drive sync or Dropbox sync – iOS, Android, macOS, or Windows
If you are experiencing difficulties connecting the Case Air to a PC or a Mac, first try connecting it to a cell phone and running the firmware update on the Case Air, then try again on your computer. Typically when first connecting you will receive a notification of a firmware update, please update.
Make sure the Case Air is fully charged before updating the firmware – DO NOT turn off the Case Air or the device you are connected to during the firmware update, as this will cause a malfunction. Learn about updating the firmware here.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!