Compatible Mounting Surfaces
The RapidMount SLX is designed to be used with the Tether Tools RapidStrips. RapidStrips adhere to smooth and lightly textured surfaces including drywall, painted walls, veneer, glass, mirror, laminate, fiberglass, metal, tile, porcelain and marble. Do not mount to raw wood, brick, soft plastics, vinyl, fabric, Venetian painted surfaces, or wallpaper.
Prepping the Mounting Surface and Installing the SLX
1. Before mounting ensure surface is free of oils and dirt. The adhesive should be applied to a clean, smooth, dry surface when the surface temperature is between 0°F (-17°C) and 150°F (65°C).
2. Gently clean mounting surface with rubbing alcohol and cloth. Let dry. Do not use household cleaners. Be sure to follow compatible surface guidelines for best results.
3. To install the SLX, first loosen drawstring on SLX then peel backing off RapidStrip. Attach RapidStrip to back of the SLX device.
4. Peel backing off other side of RapidStrip. Press device, with RapidStrip, firmly on mounting surface for 30 seconds. Let cure 3 minutes. Press device against wall again to ensure RapidStrip adhesive is firmly attached to the surface before mounting speedlight in holder.
Adding a Speedlight to the SLX
1. Place speedlight in cradle, angle light as needed and tighten drawstring to secure around joint of speedlight.
2. SLX will accommodate an attachable trigger (transmitter) under cradle or hanging from SLX arm. Modifiers can be added to speedlights. Be sure to maintain less than 1.5lbs of gear in holder.
How to Remove the SLX
1. To remove SLX from surface, place thumb and forefinger on the top corner of the RapidMount SLX.
2. Pull slowly from one side of the device, with applied pulling pressure, to release seal on strip. Once removed from the surface, peel off RapidStrip.
3. When ready to use again, repeat process with new RapidStrip.
For help with assembly, identifying parts, product information or to order accessories, please contact us: