Compatible Mounting Surfaces
The RapidMount Q20 is designed to be used with the Tether Tools RapidStrips. RapidStrips adhere to smooth and lightly textured surfaces including drywall, painted walls, veneer, glass, mirror, laminate, fiberglass, metal, tile, porcelain and marble. Do not mount to raw wood, brick, soft plastics, vinyl, fabric, Venetian painted surfaces, or wallpaper.
Prepping the Mounting Surface and Installing the Q20
1. Before mounting ensure surface is free of oils and dirt. The adhesive should be applied to a clean, smooth, dry surface when the surface temperature is between 0°F (-17°C) and 150°F (65°C).
2. Gently clean mounting surface with rubbing alcohol and cloth. Let dry. Do not use household cleaners. Be sure to follow compatible surface guidelines for best results.
3. To install the Q20, first peel backing off RapidStrip. Attach RapidStrip to back of the Q20 device.
4. Peel backing off other side of RapidStrip. Press device, with RapidStrip, firmly on mounting surface for 30 seconds. Let cure 3 minutes.
Adding Gear to the Q20
1. Press device firmly against wall again before mounting cameras or other accessories to the Q20 device.
2. Hold articulating arm firmly with one hand while tightening device with the other hand to avoid any rotation pressure on the Q20 device. Be sure to maintain less than 1.5lbs of gear on the Q20.
How to Remove the Q20
1. To remove from surface, place thumb and forefinger in the grips on the RapidMount Q20.
2. Pull slowly from one side of the device, with applied pulling pressure, to release seal on strip. Once removed from the surface, peel off RapidStrip.
3. When ready to use again, repeat process with new RapidStrip.
For help with assembly, identifying parts, product information or to order accessories, please contact us: