ControlMyNikon can handle simple remote control of your camera to complex technical shoots.
Reduce re-shoots and post-processing by using live view in a window or full-screen or even on another monitor to make sure your composition and exposure are perfect before you take the shot.
Remotely autofocus or manually adjust the focus without touching the camera. Includes copystand mode, grayscale, noise reduction, rotation overrides and cropping. And there’s more:
- Exposure – show areas within a range of exposure, and outside of it.
- Grid – overlays custom horizontal and vertical lines and rebatments.
- Focus Peaking – shows which areas are in focus.
- Overlays – apply a jpg or png on top of the live view image.
- Photo Trap – capture images with motion detection.
- Brightness Control – perfect for those dark live view scenes.
Remotely Adjust Settings
With tethering, you avoid the problem of bumping your carefully composed shot when you need to adjust camera settings. All you need to do is point and click to adjust your settings on the ControlMyNikon screen and you are good to go.
You can remotely set:
- Shutter Speed
- Exposure Mode (Manual, Aperture, Shutter)
- Exposure Delay
- White Balance
- Image Format
And when you are ready to shoot, just click on the Shoot buttons or use the camera shutter release, mouse, keyboard or one of our configurable triggers.
And if you would like to re-use these particular settings later, save them as a Profile. You can use profiles to quickly restore all your settings instead of setting each item again.
Review Your Images
Use the image browser to inspect your images for sharpness, exposure, and composition. Check out these features:
- Magnifier – Simply double-click the image to toggle the loupe.
- Exposure Tracker – Shows the overall exposure as well as the exposure of the pixel under the mouse cursor. Includes a histogram.
- Metadata – Shows Exif and IPTC fields in a hide-able pane.
- Thumbnails – Configure which data to show with each thumbnail.
- Detach – Resize and/or drag the browser to another monitor.
- Shown in Viewer – Shows the image on another window that you can drag to another monitor.
You can tell ControlMyNikon to capture an image or video by using the mouse and keyboard, as well as our custom triggers.
- Web – shoot from your smartphone or browser. Perfect for when you need a remote.
- Sound – shoot when a noise is detected.
- TCP/IP – shoot when a command is received from a custom app.
- Speech – shoot when you speak a word or phrase. Great for hand-holding lights and shooting at the same time.
- Motion – shoot when motion is detected during live view. Now you can literally capture images of those elusive backyard birds while you are off doing something else. Many of our users do this, with great results.
- Powerpoint Remote – shoot when a button is pressed. A great inexpensive remote that can be used during live view.
Save Time with Workflows
Use our pre-defined workflows to guide you through complex image capture scenarios.
- HDR – Capture a series of images with varying shutter speed.
- Bulb – Capture an image using bulb mode.
- Burst – Quickly capture a series of images using continuous mode.
- Pulse – Capture an image every x seconds.
- Batch – Embed your own data into image folder/filenames and IPTC fields. Can be used with a barcode reader.
- Time-lapse – Capture a series of images over time.
- Stop-motion – Capture a series image for making a stop-motion video.
- Long Exposure – Capture a very long exposure.
- Focus Stacking – Capture a series of images of limited depth of field that can be combined for greater depth of field.
Keep Your Images Organized
Take advantage of ControlMyNikon’s extensive options for naming files and folders. Use numbering, dates and even embed data from batch shooting sessions. File and folder names modified by a barcode? Yes, it can do that too.
And for safekeeping, use ControlMyNikon’s optional mirroring function to transfer a copy of your captured image to another location, such as a network or USB drive.
Save Time with Batch Shooting and Barcoding
Perfect for that product, school, lab or other shoots that requires accurate record keeping. With the batch shooting feature, you can import a data file in advance of your shoot or query a live database and have ControlMyNikon embed the data into your image filename, folder name and metadata. If you don’t have a data file, you can embed the barcode instead.
You can even use an optional barcode scanner for bulletproof data entry. Keeping all those images organized has never been so easy.