Advanced Wireless Tethering System
CamRanger is a non-proprietary wireless tethering system that is compatible with a variety of camera manufacturers and models. Working with an extensive list of compatible Nikon & Canon DSLR cameras, including CF and SD formats, the CamRanger is a fast, reliable, pro-level, wireless tethering solution. By wirelessly transmitting images via software to an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, Android or Kindle it provides nearly instant visibility of images. Send images to multiple devices simultaneously and instantly upload to an FTP or file sharing system to collaborate with clients anywhere in the world. Additionally, when using CamRanger many camera settings can be controlled and adjusted directly from the tablet or computer.
Features & Benefits
The included CamRanger App has a number of pro features which include access to camera settings & controls, image viewing & thumbnails, histograms & metering, HDR & bracketing, stack & touch focus, LiveView & movie recording, remote trigger, time lapse, rating and tagging to name a few. Fast transfer speeds make shooting, viewing and sharing images easy. Great for studio work or on location shoots, the CamRanger App is packed with pro features, yet the intuitive interface is simple to set-up and use. Instantly view, zoom, delete and share images wirelessly. New features added regularly, see recent CamRanger updates.
The CamRanger system is easy to integrate into your photo workflow. CamRanger operates on Wireless N and connects at speeds up to 150Mbps. The unit creates an ad-hoc WiFi network to which an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Mac (beta) can connect. Once connected, the free CamRanger iOS app enables image viewing and camera control from the device. There is no need for a computer or existing Internet connection.
CamRanger is designed to transfer images consistently regardless of the intensity or length of the photo shoot. The device comes with its own rechargeable, replaceable Li-ION battery so it will not deplete the camera’s battery. Battery life varies upon usage but 5 to 6 hours is typical (if streaming LiveView the entire time, 3 hours is more realistic). In optimal conditions the battery can provide up to 11 hours for intervalometer shooting with no iOS device connected. Unit can be charged while in use; spare batteries are available and easy to swap out mid-shoot or simply connect to an external power bank. Using an external power bank recharges CamRanger but will also instantly power the unit to continue shooting. Easily recharge while in the studio or on the road.
Device Specs & Mounting
The CamRanger design is extremely compact (3.9 x 2.4 x 0.6 in. / 100 x 62 x 16 mm) and lightweight (3.4 ounces / (96g with battery installed) so the system is easy to carry or mount while shooting. The device comes with a 6 ft mini-USB cable to connect to the camera*. Mounting options include:
- Put in a pocket
- Clip to a belt loop with the included pouch
- Use a StrapMoore to attach CamRanger to a tripod leg
- Add a Mighty Mount 1/4″-20 thread to mount CamRanger on camera, extension rail or any 1/4″-20 arm or clamp.
- Use a StrapMoore Extender to secure the device to a camera strap
- Use a SmartClip to clip the device in a hot shoe or on an arm.
CamRanger is an effective tool for collaborating with clients and colleagues as CamRanger enables immediate photo viewing and sharing. CamRanger keeps photographers in control with lockout features that provide the photographer with the flexibility to turn off some or all of the CamRanger App’s camera adjustment settings and shutter release features. Clients can now evaluate images as they are shot without the risk of accidentally changing camera settings or tripping the shutter.
CamRanger App is available for download at the App store. The App is free but a CamRanger device is required for the App to function properly.
• View images on a variety of devices including iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac, PC, Android or Kindle
• Share images to multiple devices simultaneously
• Send images to an FTP or file sharing system to collaborate with clients anywhere in the world
• Review images for composition, critical focus and lighting
• Share images instantly with clients and others on set
• Non-proprietary & compatible with a variety of camera makes and models
• Double tap image zoom & full resolution viewing
• Image tagging & rating
• Thumbnail view of card content
• Lock camera adjustment settings during client use
• Adjust camera setting, controls & shutter wirelessly from iOS devices
• Touch screen focus
• Tap screen for camera adjustments
• Time lapse, intervelometer & bulb
• Focus stacking for macro photography
• Bracketing & HDR
• Movie recording & adjustments (camera dependent features; see supported cameras)
• Works with CF & SD DSLR cameras
• Runs on its own rechargeable Li-Ion battery; will not drain cameras
• Rechargeable & replaceable battery (spare batteries sold separately)
• Compact design 3.9 x 2.4 x 0.6 in. (100 x 62 x 16 mm)
• Lightweight 3.4 ounces (96g) with battery installed
• New features added regularly, see recent CamRanger updates
• CamRanger Wireless Tethering System
• Rechargeable battery (2000mAh Li-ION)
• USB 2.0 Mini-B cable for camera connection
• Charging cable
• Protective pouch
• US AC power adapter
• Quick start guide
• Ethernet cable for future firmware upgrades
* Nikon D800, D800E users require a different cable than what is supplied in the box. You can use the cable supplied with your camera or a TetherPro replacement. Nikon D5000, D5100, D5200 & D7100 also requires a different cable than what is supplied in the box. You can use the cable supplied with your camera or a TetherPro replacement.