As a photographer (and a reader of our blog) you likely appreciate the benefits of checking focus, composition, and more when shooting tethered. There’s another big benefit – providing image preview for your client. From headshots and family portraits to food and product photography, a happy client is a repeat client. The one caveat to providing real-time image preview on set is a hovering mom, restaurateur, art director, etc.
While you’re ensuring the shot is in focus and lighting is just right, the client is glancing over your shoulder, crowding and interrupting your workflow. If that sounds all too familiar, it’s time to try shooting tethered to an iPad or tablet using the Case Air Wireless Tethering System.
If you’re using the award-winning Case Air a brand-new feature called Client Lock Mode makes it easier than ever to provide image preview via an iPad or tablet. You won’t be slowed down, and your client can happily review images (and only review images) on an iPad without having the ability to trigger the camera or make adjustments to your camera settings.
Here’s how easy it is to setup Client Lock Mode in the Case Remote app:
- Connect your Canon or Nikon camera to the Case Air WiFi and start the Case Remote app as usual.
- Put the Case Remote app in Client Mode in the Settings tab. For full details and screenshots on how to setup see our article on the Client Lock Mode.
- Hand the iPad or tablet to the client with the Case Remote app running with Client Lock on.
- Start shooting and images will automatically load into the app. The client can view images at their own pace but cannot trigger or adjust settings in the camera.
- Note that the Client Lock Out Mode is only available for mobile (smartphones and tablets) on iOS and Android and not available on the Mac and Windows version of the Case Remote app.
- For complete instructions download the iOS Manual or Android Manual.
If you don’t have a Case Air Wireless Tethering System yet, there’s never been a better time to invest in the game-changing product. With the Case Air, you’ll be able to connect and transfer images instantly from your camera to a phone, tablet, or computer and take control of advanced camera settings including focus points, exposure settings, bracketing, time-lapse, HDR, and more. View your images on the larger iPad screen to check critical focus and composition or use Live View or movie mode for real-time capture to share and collaborate as you create.