Are you a night owl looking to make stunning images of streetscapes, fireworks, or the night sky? Do you like to bend time with long exposure photography? Do star trails or lightning strikes inspire you? Then this book is for you!
In Night Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer Gabriel Biderman brings you the basics of digital night photography—exposure, composition, and light—and how to scout and capture different nocturnal locations once the sun goes down. Gabriel will help you understand the fundamentals and bring your unique artistic expression to any night situation. In this beautifully illustrated guide you will:
- Focus in the dark and master basic composition rules—and know when to break them
- Understand metering and switch to manual mode for more control over your exposure
- Set white balance, understand color temperature, and add flash or slow sync
- Explore color, light painting, and creative ways to play with light in your images
- Learn what gear works best for your style of shooting and strategies for operating your equipment in the dark
- Discover expert techniques for post-processing your nighttime images in Lightroom and Photoshop
Beautifully illustrated with large, compelling photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time.
And once you have the shot, show it off and join the book’s Flickr group.
Spring Some Swag Contest
You can win Gabe’s book “Night Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots” from Tether Tools with the Spring Some Swag contest! Read the rules and regulations then head over to our Facebook page today and finish this sentence: “My favorite subject to photograph at night is ________.”